The goal of ergonomics is to improve overall comfort and efficiency, while preventing discomfort and injury in the workplace. Dr. Carolyn Griffin and Dr. Roger De Sesa, the ergonomic experts at Back to Health Chiropractic in Santa Clarita and Valencia, California, can show you how you can utilize ergonomics to improve your day-to-day life. They can teach the best practices to ensure your comfort and safety.
Ergonomics, simply put, can be thought of as comfort. How comfortable are you in your workspace? How can you improve ease of access and the use of tools around you to allow for an easy and comfortable experience?
Here are some ways to optimize your workspace:
1) Make sure that your feet are flat on the floor. Make adjustments to your chair or desk to allow for your feet to comfortably be flat on the floor and then keep them flat on the floor.
2) Adjust your chair for proper spine support. If you’re in pain after a day’s work, adjustments are needed. Utilize armrests to allow for a comfortable resting position.
3) While typing be sure to keep your wrists straight with hands at or slightly below elbow level. Also keep the mouse nearby and at the same level as the keyboard.
4) If your work requires constant telephone use, invest in a hands-free headset to prevent neck aches from poor posture.
5) Keep all essential tools and utilities within easy reach. Pens, papers, staplers and more should all be within reach without the need to extend your body into awkward positions.
6) With daily use of a computer keep the monitor at arm’s-length placed behind the keyboard. Alleviate strain by periodically looking away to relax your eyes.
7) Learn to lift items, especially heavier items in the proper manner. Squat down and lift with the legs instead of just bending and using your back to lift.
While the practice of ergonomics is heavily associated with the office workplace it’s something that can be implemented in every facet of one’s life. Ergonomics aims to increase ease of workflow and thus improve efficiency while keeping you safer in the process. These concepts can be used in the office, at home, or even in the car. Anywhere where you spend a large amount of time can be improved by ergonomic implementation. See the experts at Back To Health Chiropractic for tips on how to implement ergonomics in every facet of your life.
We are in network with most major insurance companies and participate in most discount plans. We will work with you to ensure you receive your maximum insurance benefits to make any remaining balance affordable. Feel free to contact Dr. Griffin at (661) 250-1517 or Dr. De Sesa at (661)-294-0429 for any questions regarding our insurance plans.
"With neck and shoulder pain, I came to this office over a year ago. With a complete consult and plan in place, I am now pain free! I highly recommend Back to Health!"
"When I walked in the door I knew I was going to be in good hands... My body has been changed, I feel so much better and it's been only one month."
"This place saved my life! I couldn't even walk before going to see Dr. Griffin, she got me to walk again."
"I've been going to Back to Health for many years now and I rely on them to keep my body feeling good. They have great staff and have me in and out quickly."
"Absolutely the BEST Chiropractor! Dr. Griffin is so caring and patient with everyone that walks in the door."
"I have been coming to Dr. Griffin for 6 months and in that time I have improved my balance and no longer have neck and back pain. Love her and her staff."
"I see a huge difference in my posture and I haven't had a headache or neck pain since starting my 3 month plan."
"The team and location are fantastic, and it is led by a chiropractor who cares and knows what she is doing."
"I have been going here for about 6 months and it has changed my life. Staff is amazing and always make you feel welcomed."
"Dr. Griffin is so incredibly passionate about each and every patient that she encounters."
"Dr. De Sesa is a wonderful professional and a wellness chiropractic who walks his talk of eating well, moving well, and thinking well. I would highly recommend him."
"I have been seeing Dr. De Sesa for about a month now. I am back at the gym and living pain free without any medications. He is a miracle worker."
"He's very knowledgeable and you will definitely have a good time small chat while he puts you back together."
"He's an amazing individual and chiropractor! Enjoy your sessions and I promise you'll learn a lot about your own health and body!"
"He has helped me lose weight, gain flexibility, and he has cured my migraines! I am grateful for his devoted care."